News & Announcements
"Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near when you will say "I have no delight in them." (Ecclesiastes 12:1)
- lt is not just a camp in nature, even though that is an attractive and wonderful part of camp. It is a camp directed by Christians where all personnel are faithfully involved in their congregations.
- The purpose of our camp is to help young people develop physically, mentally, socially and spiritually (Luke 2:52)
- All the Bible teachers, counselors, and staff are faithful members of the church.
- The Bible will be taught by devoted Christians each day. The campers will learn as much Bible during this week of camp, if not more, than they will in two or three months of Sunday School.
- Wholesome recreation and entertainment are provided and encouraged. We have fun.
- Friendships will be made that will last a lifetime. Leadership discovered and developed at camp. This is the first place many of our young people find themselves helping other young people develop.
- Many of those who are not Christians will obey the gospel while at camp or soon after they return home.
- Sending children of non-members to camp is a wonderful way to teach them the Bible. It can be an effective evangelistic tool.
- When young people are active involved in youth activities 93% of them will be faithful adult Christians. Only 19% of kids NOT involved in the church youth group grow up to be faithful.
- Many of the young people who are Christians will return home much more interested in the work and ministry of the church. This inspires others and makes our congregation a better place.
An Editorial From Brady E. Smith
*Therefore...Be Imitators of God*
Guest Speaker: Kim Matthews
We welcomed Kim Matthews on 04/22. Kim has always been an inspiration to all of us. His love for God and compassion for people is admired by many. We thank God for Kim and his wife Brenda. May God continue to use him to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Let’s always pray for Kim’s health and remember "God is Good all the time, and all the time God is Good".
Special Guest: Ron McDole
Our church welcomed a special guest, Ron McDole for Sunday evening Bible Study, April 15th. Mr. McDole is the Development Director of Potter Children's Home & Family Ministries in Bowling Green, KY.
Potter Children's Home & Family Ministries is a comprehensive child and family service organization that has been providing services to the most vulnerable children and families in Bowling Green for nearly 100 years. They focus on ending the generational cycle of child abuse and neglect through their residential and community programs. They are building strong families, and giving children hope for a better tomorrow.
Our church supports this ministry and Mr. McDole spent a few minutes speaking about the Children's Home. We would like to thank him for stopping by.
All I Need
One Phone Call Can
Show your concern
Learn of a need
Encourage the downhearted
Lift the depressed
Strength the weak
Cheer the sad
Comfort the lonely
Reassure the suffering
Promote a good work
Render a service